9.30.2007

I Modded.

Today I modded my ebay slaves that I ordered a little while ago. Trusty as they are, I felt I wasnt getting enough range. So I searched for a solution, I got the idea from Pisco Bandito on flickr.
I started out by disassembling an old broken cordless phone. I removed the antenna from the backing, and the wire that was on the inside.



I proceeded to take the cover off of the transmitter. I attached the wire to the mounting point (the circle at the top of the circuit board) where the antenna would be most effective.



I then drilled a hole using a 3/8 inch bit into the top cover of the transmitter. That is where the antenna cover would fit through, but not entirely. That's so it stays in place and stands upright. I sanded the top of the hole so no jagged edges were left.



The last step was to put the cover with the antenna cover inserted, over top of the circuit board. And here is your final product.



The range was dramatically imrpoved. I triggered an SB-600 through a wall and from the bottom of a cast iron basin sink and all from about 25 feet away. Pretty good if you ask me.

No comments: